First of all, sorry I’ve been MIA! Work was busy last week, and then I took a quick trip to Florida to see a best friend from college get married and to visit family. Now, I’m back! Enough excuses, now to the real reason for this post…
Are you on Pinterest? Do you know about Pinterest for Business? You can set up a business account on Pinterest, get a Pin It button for your blog or website, and view analytics. It is a great way to grow your audience and drive traffic to your site. The analytics give you insight into your viewers and activity on your profile: impressions, repins, likes, and clicks. It is pretty interesting to see your most popular pins and boards, where your followers live, and the interests of your audience. Below are my five most repinned pins as well as my five most popular boards.
1. My Favorite Paint Colors 2. Lens Sconce by West Elm 3. Dream Bath
4. Wisteria Sofa 5. Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Bread
1. i n t e r i o r s | furnishings 2. d i y | crafts 3. d i y | home
4. i n t e r i o r s | living rooms 5. dessert
Are you on Pinterest? Leave a link to your profile in a comment below. I’d love to follow you!
Do you guys remember learning about complimentary colors in Kindergarten? I do! Finger paints and art projects to experiment with color! Colors opposite on the color wheel work so magically together, don’t you think?! This Fall, let’s take our elementary color skills and create masterful color palettes! Beautiful, cool tones against the lovely, warm colors of Fall (orange pumpkins, yellow leaves, and red berries!) are sure to make a statement! I’m calling out this season’s color trend: Blue Stone for the win!
I’m in love with this gorgeous painting! I want to recreate it so badly. It is a perfect example of the impact that complimentary colors can have. Those blue beetles on a blue background wouldn’t be nearly as exciting without the gorgeous gold accents to complete the pattern. The artwork is by Kate Roebuck, Gold Leaf Hercules Beetle.
Blue stone in your home, blue stone on your bod! Loving this blue chair and the artwork in this neutral room: Nob Hill Pied-à-Terre by Leverone Design, and the outfit above was actually my inspiration for this Fall color trend. I would DIE for that coat!
I work for west elm, so of course I gotta brag about the beautiful new blue pillows we recently introduced! So gorgeous! Pictured are the Ruffle Ribbon Pillow Cover, Bristol Trellis Pillow Cover, Ombre Velvet Pillow Cover, and Studded Velvet Pillow Cover.
Are you liking this Blue Stone color trend for Fall?
I love the simplicity and rustic nature of this workspace vignette. I can picture a large window overlooking a lush forest or a lake in the woods. So many warm tones in one place…and yet, it works! The wood against the industrial metal and brass accents is what surprisingly makes this room feel soft. The natural textures in the jute rug and woven basket also bring elements to soften the space. I could get some work done in this craftsman office for sure. It makes me wanna find a cabin in the woods and paint, read, and write for a few days. What about you?
Here’s how to get a craftsman office of your own:
1. Pure White Ceramic Vases by West Elm / 2. Textured Mercury Vases by West Elm / 3. 20th C. Torpedo Task Table Lamp in Vintage Brass by Restoration Hardware / 4. 1950s French Factory Shelving by Restoration Hardware / 5. Cylindrical Column Table Lamp in Vintage Brass by Restoration Hardware / 6. Emlyn Basket by Crate&Barrel / 7. Marco 58″ Desk by Crate&Barrel / 8. Threshold Gold Accent Table by Target / 9. Jute Boucle Rug in Flax by West Elm / 10. Nakashima Straight-Backed Chair in Walnut by Design Within Reach
Work hard, stay humble,